If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (586) 598-5050

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

In-home fire safety for the Mount Clemens area

9/30/2020 (Permalink)

A lit candle sitting too close to a window curtain. Don’t let a candle ruin your Mount Clemens home

Fall is quickly approaching! That means all of the fall activities are about to begin in Macomb County, if they haven’t already! One popular item associated with the fall season is the candle. If a house smells like fall, it feels like home. SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore knows that candle fires happen and even though candles are small, the damage of a residential fire by a candle can turn out to be larger than expected. 

Here are some candle fire safety tips for the Macomb County area: 

  • When lighting a candle in the home, keep the candle at least twelve inches away from anything that can burn
  • Try to avoid keeping a lit candle in bedrooms, bathrooms or sleeping areas
  • Do not leave a lit candle where a child or family pet can access or reach it

One more important candle safety tip will tie to one of the above tips about not leaving a lit candle in the bathroom. When cleaning a bathroom using aerosol chemicals, this becomes extremely dangerous if there is a lit candle nearby. Aerosols are highly flammable and this can cause an explosion of sorts – please practice safety first and share this tip with friends and family who may not be aware of it. 

If a Macomb County home catches fire for any reason, including a candle, please call the trained professionals at SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore so we can help clean up the fire mess and damage. 

SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore is independently owned and operated.

Link: https://www.usfa.fema.gov/prevention/outreach/media/pictographs/candles.html

Other News

View Recent Posts