Properly Installed Smoke Detectors in Macomb County Homes
There is no structure in Macomb County that cannot be made safer with properly installed smoke detectors. These devices, when used as instructed, can save lives and property. SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore knows the safety of your family is your number one concern. It is ours as well.
Did you know:
- Properties without working smoke alarms have an increase in home fire deaths
- Around one-third of home fires begin in homes which do not have smoke alarms
- The chances of someone dying in a home fire is cut in half when smoke alarms are present
SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore would like to share these suggestions:
- We recommend that your home be equipped with smoke detectors outside and inside each sleeping area
- Place a smoke detector on all levels of the structure (bigger homes require more detectors).
- Closing doors will inhibit the movement of heat, smoke, and fire.
- Test your smoke alarms at least every thirty days. Testing is done by pressing the test button to ensure each alarm is working.
Most professionals agree that your alarms should be interconnected so that, no matter where the smoke is detected, everyone in the house is alerted simultaneously. When the alarms sound, immediately vacate the structure in Macomb County and position you and your loved ones away from it until help arrives.
SERVPRO of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore is independently owned and operated.