Candle Fire in New Baltimore Home?
Candle fires are not uncommon during the holiday season. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), candle fires are one of the leading causes of fires in the United States. Our Mount Clemens and New Baltimore team respond to fire damage emergencies every holiday season and offer these candle safety tips from the NFPA:
- Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed. Avoid using candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.
- Keep candles at least 1 foot away from anything that can burn
- Use sturdy candle holders that won't tip over easily
- Put candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface
- Carefully light candles. Keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame.
- Don't burn a candle all the way down — put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container
- Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home
- Have flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage. Never use candles.
- Think about using flameless candles in your home. They look and smell like real candles.
Call Us Today!
You never know when you might need help restoring fire damage in your New Baltimore home or business. Our Mount Clemens and New Baltimore team responds 24-hours a day to fire damage emergencies. We'll restore the damage "Like it never even happened." Call us today at 586-598-5050.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.