Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore, are trusted leaders in fire damage restoration. Home fires can be a devastating and stressful experience for everyone in the household. Fire causes many forms of damage; there will also be smoke, soot, and water damage from the firefighting efforts.
Our fire restoration technicians are on-call 24-hours a day in Roseville, and we typically arrive onsite within four hours of your call. Our technicians have the advanced training, specialized equipment, and experience to restore any fire loss to pre-damage conditions. Roseville residents can rely on SERVPRO® of Mount Clemens, New Baltimore, to restore the fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (586) 598-5050
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.